Dr. Ziegler is a partner in our law firm and provides comprehensive advice on public procurement and public corporate law.
In public procurement law, Dr. Ziegler advises on the conception, implementation and judicial review of complex public tenders. Together with his team, Dr. Ziegler advises and represents both public authorities and bidders in all areas of public procurement law, in particular in the fields of transport, construction and IT/IP.
In public commercial law, Dr Ziegler provides comprehensive advice on issues of special administrative law, in particular on municipal and planning law issues. One focus of his work is the interface with real estate law. Here, Dr. Ziegler advises on the relevant legal issues relating to real estate, construction and architectural law, as well as the frequently existing references to grant and subsidy law.
Dr. Ziegler began his legal career in 2010 at Kapellmann & Partner. He then worked for many years as a senior associate for Allen & Overy LLP in public procurement and public commercial law before joining PwC Legal in Frankfurt in 2018, where he worked in the public procurement law practice group, most recently as a senior manager. He appears in disputes before review tribunals, administrative and ordinary courts and has extensive experience also in regulatory matters related to real estate transactions, as well as corporate acquisitions and disposals.
Dr. Ziegler is a lecturer for public procurement law at the University of Mannheim and works as a lecturer for seminar providers as well as for in-house trainings.
Selected current references (public procurement law):
- Ongoing advice and representation of companies when bidding for IT services and software tenders
- Recurring advice and representation of a sector contracting authority in review proceedings for the purchase of technical equipment
- Advising a sector contracting authority on the design and implementation of a complex IT procurement procedure
- Procurement and contract law advice for a construction concession for a listed property for renovation and conversion into a hotel and gastronomy business
- Regular advice and representation of construction companies in bidding for public construction contracts
- Co-author of the Beck'schen Online Commentary on Public Procurement Law
- Ziegler A., "Anforderungen an die Bekanntmachung von Eignungskriterien und Divergenzvorlagen", NZBau 2019, 702 et seq. ("Requirements for the announcement of suitability criteria and divergence submissions")
- Ziegler A., "Ausschluss wegen Interessenskonflikten nach § 46 II VgV", NZBau 2019, 498 et seq. (Exclusion due to conflicts of interest under Section 46 II VgV)
- Ziegler A., "Gesamtschuldnerische Vergütung bei Mitbenutzungsverträgen", AbfallR 2019, 16 et seq. (Joint and several compensation in joint use agreements)
- Ziegler A., "Wettbewerb ohne Wettbewerb – zur Beschaffung in „defekten“ Märkten", ZfBR 2018, 37 et seq. (Competition without competition - on procurement in "defective" markets)
- Ziegler A., "Zur Anwendbarkeit von § 68 BNatSchG auf Natura 2000-Gebiete", NVwZ 3/2017, 122 et seq. (On the applicability of § 68 BNatSchG to Natura 2000 sites)
- Otting O., Ziegler A., "Elektronische Marktplätze als Warenbörsen im Sinne des Vergaberechts", VergabeR 2017, 26 et seq. (Electronic marketplaces as commodity exchanges according to public procurement law)
- Otting O., Ziegler A., "Verfassungsrechtliche Rahmenbedingungen der Akkreditierung im Hochschulwesen", NVwZ 2016, 1064 et seq. (Constitutional framework of accreditation in higher education)
- Otting O., Ziegler A., "Einzelhandel im Innenbereich und Schutz zentraler Versorgungsbereiche", NordÖR 2015, 145 et seq. (Retail in the inner area and protection of central supply areas)