Advising medium-sized clients on the acquisition and sale of companies as well as on all restructuring projects in companies and organizations is a central area of activity of our firm. This is where we combine our corporate, tax, and employment law know-how in larger teams for the success of our clients.
Our competence team accompanies transactions in Germany and abroad in all variations of the M&A business as well as restructuring in all areas of companies.
Our support begins with strategic preliminary considerations and planning with the involvement of your other advisors, e.g. an M&A agency, auditors and tax consultants as well as banks, continues with support in discussions with potential interested parties, the structuring and negotiation of the deal (as a bidding process or with a prospective buyer), up to the preparation of the necessary documentation and support in the closing of the purchase or sale.
- Acquisition and Sale of Companies at a domestic and international level
- Advice and Negotiation of Preliminary Agreements (e.g. Letter of Intent, Confidentiality and Exclusivity Agreements, Term Sheets, Memorandum of Understanding)
- Advice, Support and Conduct of Legal Due Diligence (Seller and Buyer side) and Provision of Data Rooms
- Structuring of Asset Deals and Share Deals, advising and structuring of Parent and Target Companies
- Drafting and Negotiation of M&A Contracts including Shareholder Agreements and Affiliation Agreements
- Advice on Joint Ventures as a Preliminary to an M&A
- Advice on and Preparing of all Post Closing Measures including Restructuring, Notification, and Publication Obligations etc.
- Assistance in Antitrust Merger Control
- Enforcement of Warranty Claims and Claims for Damages from Company and Investment Acquisitions
- IPO, “Backdoor” IPO
- M&A in Crisis Situations and Insolvency, Restructuring
- Private Equity Investments
- Management Buy-Outs
- Transformation, Merger of Companies
- Merger of Cooperative Banks
- Support in structured Sales Processes (Bidding Process)
- Venture and Seed Capital Investments (Financing Rounds), Acquisition Financing
- Negotiation of Credit and Collateral Agreements
- Review of all Contractual and Legal Structures
- Drafting and Negotiation of new Supply Contracts, Concessions etc.
- Optimization of the Corporate Law Situation (e.g. Transformations, Change of Legal Form, Contracts, Group Holding Structures)
- Optimization of the Company’s Financing
- Tax Structuring and Optimization