Specialist lawyer for intellectual property rights
Specialist lawyer for IT law
Specialist lawyer for copyright and media law
Lecturer at the University Koblenz-Landau
Tanja Risse heads the IT & Data Protection and the Brands & Competition departments of our firm. At the same time, she is a lecturer at the University of Koblenz-Landau.
One focus of her work is the drafting, review and negotiation of complex contracts in IT law, licensing and issues relating to the exploitation of IP rights issues, know-how protection as well as cooperation and procurement contracts. In the IT sector, this includes in particular the drafting and negotiation of license and maintenance agreements, EVB-IT agreements (with EVB-IT being the acronym for Supplemental Standard Conditions for the procurement of IT services by public authorities), project agreements, software as a service, agile projects, taking into account the respective interfaces to labor law, intellectual property rights, public procurement law, corporate and commercial law, copyright law and data protection law.
In addition, Ms. Risse advises companies on complex data protection issues and conducts in-house training courses. One focus is on the preparation and support of companies during the introduction of new processes, e.g. during the introduction of new tools such as video conferences / video surveillance, the fulfilment of legal information obligations including the rights of affected persons, the design of social media appearances including online marketing measures or the design of service provider contracts.
Across competence teams KUNZ Lawyers advice organizers of music events in questions of exploitation vis-à-vis GEMA (the Association protecting authors’ in the context of musical performances), advertising agencies and designers in the exploitation of their creations and the drafting of customer contracts, the justification of claims for appropriate remuneration of authors, the design of e-commerce (online stores, platforms) and in questions of employee invention law.
Together with her team "Trademarks & Competition", Ms. Risse continuously conducts registrations of trademarks & designs before the respective trademark offices, advises on the structuring of intellectual property rights and manages the downstream maintenance of the existing trademark and design portfolios.
Selected mandates and reference projects:
- Various software manufacturers - consulting in contract negotiations with DAX companies, hospitals, internationally operating platform providers, including EVB IT contracts
- Uniklinik - Consulting in IT procurement procedures, in particular drafting and negotiation of EVB IT contracts
- Scientific institution of the state of Rhineland-Palatinate: Negotiation of EVB-IT contracts, judicial enforcement of claims, advice on the drafting of complex exploitation contracts
- Representation of various medium-sized companies against software manufacturers due to failed software implementation projects
- University - current contracts
- Leading company for ceramic lifestyle products and home accessories - national and international trademark law support
- Internationally renowned manufacturer of table-top products - national and international trademark law support
- Judicial and extrajudicial representation of clinics in copyright matters vis-à-vis GEMA, including advice up to the Federal Supreme Court
- Representation of the organizers of a major social event towards GEMA
- Advice to legal entities under public law - copyright and exploitation rights to drawings/building designs, conversions of buildings