On July 17, 2021, the new Restructuring Regulation (ReO) came into force in Austria. This offers financially distressed companies the possibility of early reorganization within the framework of a pre-insolvency restructuring procedure. In a KWR webinar
In a (free) KWR webinar on 29.9.2021, MMag. Dr. Thomas Haselberger from the renowned Austrian law firm KWR will give an overview of the new regulation. As co-presenters, KUNZ attorneys Dr. Hermann Knott and Patricia Almeida will report, among other things, on initial experiences of the Company Stabilization and Restructuring Act (StaRUG for short), which has already been in force in Germany since January 1, 2021 on the basis of the EU Restructuring Directive and pursues the same objectives.
The following questions will be answered in the webinar:
- When can an application be made to initiate restructuring proceedings and how must this application be structured?
- When is the debtor entitled to self-administration and in which cases can/must a restructuring officer be appointed?
- When should a stay of execution be applied for and what are the consequences in this context?
- What must be the content of the restructuring plan?
- Which creditors/creditor classes are affected by restructuring proceedings?
- What are the requirements for the acceptance/confirmation of a restructuring plan?
- What are the effects of the restructuring procedure and what special procedural variants are there?
- What are the advantages/disadvantages of the new restructuring procedure and has a practicable alternative been created?
- What practical experience has been gained from the implementation of the EU Restructuring Directive in Germany with the StaRUG, which already took place at the beginning of 2021?
Organizer: KWR Karasek Wietrzyk Rechtsanwälte Vienna
Time: 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
System requirements and information: The webinar will be held via zoom. On the day before the webinar, an invitation link will be sent to the e-mail address you provided.
You can register directly for the webinar via the following link: