Dominic Steinborn is a partner in our law firm and, together with his team, advises companies in all questions of transport and logistics as well as insurance law.
One of his main areas of expertise is advising and representing companies in the context of auditing, optimizing and drafting contracts and general terms and conditions as well as accompanying contract negotiations in the logistics sector.
Mr. Steinborn advises and represents companies in the design of their procedures in the field of customs and foreign trade and in this respect appears before customs authorities and financial institutions in the case of unjustified or excessive customs and import duties. In particular, we advise companies on the design of their internal processes and preventive measures to avoid risks in the future as well as the development and improvement of existing compliance management systems. The interests of our clients are enforced in national and international arbitration proceedings as well as in ordinary court proceedings.
From 2014 - 2019, Mr. Steinborn was also a lecturer for insurance law at the Technical University (TH) Cologne. Furthermore, he works for various seminar organizers as a lecturer for specialist lawyer courses and in-house training.
Selected mandates and reference projects:
- Advising and representing a DAX 30 company in the establishment of a European central warehouse for customer deliveries
- Advising and representing the largest confectionery manufacturer in Europe in the construction of a new central warehouse
- Advising and representing a leading global manufacturer of toys for children and babies on the conception and contractual design of the entire logistics chain
- Advising and representing the world market leader in the field of compression technology in the conversion of the entire spare parts logistics with change of service provider
- Advising and representing one of the leading logistics service providers in various large-scale logistics projects, including warehousing and service contracts with clients from various industries
- Advising and representing a chemical logistics company in connection with the conclusion of a large number of contracts for activities within a chemical park
- Advising one of the leading companies in the field of food distribution logistics in the course of negotiations and conclusion of a large number of contracts with food companies and system catering companies
- Co-author of the beckonline commentary on the VVG
- Author of the Juris Praxis Report Insurance Law
- Co-author of the specialist lawyer's handbook "Transport und Speditionsrecht" ("Transport and forwarding law”)
- Co-author of the handbook “Versicherungsrecht” ("Insurance Law”)
- Numerous professional publications in Betriebsberater, Transportrecht, DVZ
- Member of the Club of Logistics e.V.
- Member of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Transportrecht (German Society for Transport Law)
- Member of the Bundesvereinigung Logistik e.V.
- Member of ARGE Transport- und Speditions-recht (ARGE Transport and Shipping Law)