The field of advice of Katharina Strauß comprises the support of Europe-wide and national awarding procedures both on the side of the awarding authorities as contracting authorities and companies on the bidder side.
She accompanies tenders for construction, services and supplies - also in the sectoral area - and advises clients on awarding contracts at all stages of the procedure, i.e. from the preparation of the tender documents to the exercise of their rights of legal protection before review bodies and civil courts.
A particular specialization and competence of Ms. Strauß lies in the field of local public transport (ÖPNV) in the allocation of transport services and materials management of numerous transport companies, especially vehicle procurement and equipment.
A further special focus is on consulting in the field of sustainable procurement and the implementation of social and ecological aspects in a tendering procedure. In this context, Ms. Strauß advises local authorities and non-governmental organizations (NGO's) and actively participates in the design of relevant legal norms and the implementation of pilot projects.
In addition, the area of her expertise in public procurement law includeslegal issues related to public grants and state aid.
Ms. Strauß shares her extensive specialized knowledge as well as her well-founded experience form advising clients in regular publications and practice-oriented contributions as well as training courses on relevant substantive matters.
Selected mandates and reference projects:
- Advice and representation of municipalities and districts in Rhineland-Palatinate, North Rhine-Westphalia and Hesse in the implementation of public procurement procedures, also as contact point, in particular in the awarding of contracts for architectural and engineering services
- Advising and representing one of the leading and globally active manufacturers of workwear for firefighters
- Advising several municipal utility holding companies as well as their subsidiaries on various public procurement law issues, e.g. real estate transactions, waste management, inhouse commissioning within the scope of a public-public cooperation
- Consulting and implementation of a major city in North Rhine-Westphalia in the implementation of pilot projects for the procurement of textile goods under the aspect of sustainability
- Advising a district in North Rhine-Westphalia on the revision of the funding guidelines for grants under the Public Transport Act (ÖPNVG NRW)
- Support for a transport company of a city in Northern Germany in the procurement and refurbishment of streetcars